A few of the questions our customers ask most often. For more detailed questions or answers, feel free to reach out by contacting us at (855) 464-2310.
Vitalware's solution was built with modern, cloud-based technology, and designed to scale without limits, both in terms of data and users. Vitalware CDM can consume the entire CDM and all ancillary data files for your operation (yes, even Epic's entire EAP file), and Vitalware CDM presents all of your data in one integrated solution.
Just as we enable our users to consume all of their data, we also provide a comprehensive solution-suite that enables our users to comprehensively optimize the efficiency of their coding and reimbursement operations, very quickly.
The mid-revenue cycle is the operational core for the financial efficiency of modern-day health organizations. Vitalware has the tools, information, and expertise to take your operation to an optimal efficiency level quickly, no matter how big or small your current operation is, and regardless of the tools and processes, you're currently using.
Because all of our toolsets and informational products are accessed via the cloud, we can take you to the new standard with remarkable speed and efficiency.
Our team can help elevate your operation to the new standard quickly and completely. Most CDM clients can be fully implemented within 30-120 days, depending on the availability of necessary data files, scheduling for end-user training, and the number of hospitals/complexity involved at the outset.
- Chargemaster file or EAP
- Revenue & Usage
- User List
- Workflow routes
- Ancillary files of your choice (Pharmacy, Professional, Supply, Cost)
- Unlimited data capability enables automated import and immediate analysis of imported data: with Vitalware, you don't need workarounds or subroutines to interpret or reassemble your data before beginning to work with it. It's all there, ready for use, right away.
- Comprehensive integration of your revenue-cycle team is facilitated as (formerly) disparate systems and data can be uploaded, linked, and viewed in a single module with our solution. Workflow changes for the better too (see below).
- Pharmacy, Supply, Ancillary & Physician are all included in our comprehensive data model
- Charge analysis ability for Medicare, Medicaid, and as many commercial payers as needed
- Our flexible XML/ ICD-10 technology platform allows for end-user / role-based customization, and eliminates mapping (from ICD-9 to 10) and resulting in higher specificity code look-ups, and major reductions in time lost and denied claims
- We offer benchmarking and peer comparison for both Facility and Physician
- VitalCDM policy information is enabled by VitalKnowledge: one convenient online resource for users to easily search, access and review policies, bulletins, regulations, and news articles. See more about VitalKnowledge immediately below.
Workflow also rises to a new standard with Vitalware. Multi-form routing and signature requirements enable work to move much more rapidly through the system and focus effort on required reviews and decisions. Because all of the data is resident in the solution and routing is controlled (100%) in the software, complete corporate oversight is possible (policy IS execution). But just as importantly, customization is also available, down to the field and user level.
Users also have options: they can process, split, push requests forward or back, and put requests on hold. Flexibility doesn't mean that managers lose control however: whatever options you wish to provide, our solutions can assure they are the only options available to your personnel.
The speed of our workflow is evident from the outset. Where 6 weeks used to be a standard for updating and editing a chargemaster system, Vitalware has reduced this timeframe to approximately 6 days...and sometimes less than 24 hours.
VitalKnowledge perfectly complements our CDM solution by providing your compliance, revenue cycle, and coding teams with access to comprehensive and current coding, charging and billing information critical to the goal of achieving correct, compliant claims for accurate reimbursement. No need to scan through multiple books and screens. VitalKnowledge makes the sometimes difficult and painstaking process of claim assembly and code review intuitive and easier.
VitalKnowledge provides full integration with VitalCDM and draws from 100+ comprehensive datasets for coding and compliance.
Datasets and features include:
- Pharmacy, Supply, Ambulatory Surgery & Physician data sets
- A proprietary Device and HCPCS Crosswalk
- Searchable repository for billing & coding questions for IP, OP, PRO, and ASC
- Medical Necessity and bundling verifications
- Medical Necessity & NCCI
- OPPS Calculator and an MS-DRG Calculator
- Regular email delivery of regulatory, reimbursement or coding changes from Medicare
- Dr. Z’s Coding Reference
With Vitalware, you have a dedicated Client Success Executive and also a dedicated Client Success team member, assigned and accountable to you, and evaluated based on your success and satisfaction with our solutions, service, and personnel. This means that your service requests and inquiries are neither queue, nor ticket-based. Access to service is handled by people rather than portals. Our service personnel and call center are US based. In general, Client Success team members will recommend and run weekly calls, and we're able to be onsite per client expectations. For most clients, we recommend 2-4 onsite visits per year.
We manage according to specific Account Plans we build with you, based on your goals and expectations.
In addition to the standard CDM management reports provided, VitalCDM functions similar to an ad hoc reporter and allows end-users to create customized reports on an as-needed basis. This flexible and powerful reporting capability has been used by our customers and by our own consulting personnel as a diagnostic tool to get to develop procedures that get to the root of problems and fix them quickly and permanently.