October 22, 2019
2020 Code Set Updates – CPT/HCPC
December 10, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST
Each year the CPT code set undergoes significant changes, and your coding staff needs to be aware of the changes in order to ensure a smooth transition into 2020. Join us for a discussion of the new, deleted and revised CPT codes and associated guidelines for 2020.
This is a three-part web series, where:
- Part I focuses on the codes that are typically hardcoded within the CDM in a facility setting. Specifically, we will be focusing on the pertinent changes to the laboratory section (80047-89398) including the MAAA codes (0001M-0013M) and PLA codes (0001U-0079U), the radiology section (70010-79999), the medicine section (90281-99607) and the HCPCS code changes for items and services that are typically hardcoded in the CDM.
- Part II focuses on the codes that are typically assigned by HIM professionals in a facility setting, specifically focusing on the surgical range of CPT codes (10021-69990), Category III CPT codes (0042T-0542T) and the HCPCS code changes for procedural services.
- Part III focuses This presentation will focus on the changes to the CPT dataset and the associated work RVU value changes that impact physicians.
During these complimentary webinars, we will empower you to correctly apply the new and revised codes and discuss the rationale behind this year’s changes. This presentation will be geared towards hospital staff with a focus on the surgical section of the CPT book.
- Evaluation of the CPT code changes for the Surgery and Category III sections of the code book along with pertinent HCPCS code changes
- Discussion regarding changes to guidelines and instructional notes affecting these sections of the code book
- Review of the rationale behind the identified code changes
- Presentation of coding examples related to the new codes for 2020