November 20, 2019
2020 Code Set Updates – CDM Focused
December 10, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Central Time
Each year the CPT code set undergoes significant changes, and your coding staff needs to be aware of the changes in order to ensure a smooth transition into 2020. Join us for a discussion of the new, deleted and revised CPT codes and associated guidelines for 2020.
Webinar 1: CDM Focused
- This web session will focus on the codes that are typically hardcoded within the CDM in a facility setting. Specifically, we will be focusing on the pertinent changes to the laboratory section (80047-89398) including the MAAA codes (0001M-0013M) and PLA codes (0001U-0079U), the radiology section (70010-79999), the medicine section (90281-99607) and the HCPCS code changes for items and services that are typically hardcoded in the CDM.
During this complimentary webinar, we will empower you to correctly apply the new and revised codes and discuss the rationale behind this year’s changes. This presentation will be geared towards hospital staff with a focus on the Laboratory, Radiology, and Medicine sections of the book.
- Evaluation of the CPT code changes for the Laboratory, Radiology, and Medicine sections of the code book along with pertinent HCPCS code changes;
- Discussion regarding changes to guidelines and instructional notes affecting these sections of the code book;
- Review of the rationale behind the identified code changes; and
- Presentation of coding examples related to the new codes for 2020.