December 3, 2020
2021 ICD-10-CM/PCS Code Set Updates
September 24, 2020
The Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Proposed Rule has seen its share of delays due to COVID-19 in 2020 and is generally published at least 60 days prior to effective dates, but through the Congressional Review Act (CRA) this requirement has been waived. The IPPS Final Rule is likely to be delayed as well, however, CMS is expecting to provide the Final Rule by September 1st. Facilities need to be prepared regardless of these delays. Vitalware will present the IPPS Proposed/Final Rule with code set changes in regards to both CM and PCS for 2021. Join us for this complimentary webinar.
The IPPS Rule is proposing several key areas of change to be addressed. Some main items that will be included from the rule in our webinar include the following:
- Two new post-acute discharge transfer MS-DRGs
- 521 – Hip replacement with principal diagnosis of hip fracture with MCC.
- 522 – Hip replacement with principal diagnosis of hip facture without MCC.
- Reassignment of MS-DRGs 981-983 and 987-989 to permanent and more appropriate MS-DRG categories.
- Review of MS-DRG weight changes.
- Review of new MS-DRG categories.
- 018, 019, 140 – 145, 521, 522, 650 and 651
- Add-on payments for new services and technology
- Changes to the Medicare Code Editor (MCE)
- O.R. procedures reclassified to Non O.R. and Non O.R. procedures reclassified to O.R.
- Review IPPS Proposed/Final Rule changes to include:
- Chapter specific changes
- DRG impacts
- CC/MCC changes
- New updates or industry trends discussed in the IPPS Rule either through the Proposed Rule, but upon availability based off of the Final Rule.
1 AAPC & AHIMA CEU will be awarded to those that attend this webinar live.
Review all the slides from this webinar.
Review all the questions and answers from this webinar.