November 4, 2020
Leading a Remote Team through COVID-19: A Panel Discussion with Revenue Cycle Leaders
May 20, 2020
Revenue cycle leaders had to turn on a dime when COVID-19 arrived in order to keep their teams both functioning and safe, such as transitioning their staff to an entirely remote workforce nearly overnight, reassessing performance benchmarks, ensuring teams had remote access to the tools they needed, and finding ways to lead effectively through this unprecedented situation. In the last few months, revenue cycle and revenue integrity directors have needed to reevaluate…well, nearly everything. Join us for a special 30-minute complimentary roundtable discussion with revenue cycle leaders who have spent the last few months in the trenches along with you, dealing with these issues and more. Learn what worked—what didn’t—and gather some new ideas that could benefit your own teams during this unprecedented time. Register below.
- Andrea Clark Rubinowitz, RHIA, CCS, CPC-H, CBO Senior Director of Revenue Integrity, MaineHealth
- Terri Rinker, MT (ASCP), MHA, Revenue Cycle Director, Community Hospital Anderson
- Bruce Preston, CPC, Director of Revenue Integrity, Grady Health System
- Lisa Longo, CPC, CPC-I, CSMC, CHRI, director of revenue integrity at UConn Health
Questions asked to panelists during the webinar:
- Setting the stage: How large are your teams, and were they teams previously onsite or remote? What are some differences in the way your teams are functioning now compared to back in February?
- What are some steps you’ve taken to make your remote workforce more effective? How are you staying connected with your teams during this time? Do you anticipate keeping any of these changes in place as workplaces begin to reopen?
- What were some lessons you learned along the way? Is there anything you would have done differently or anything you still wish you could do?
- How did you ensure everyone had access to the tools they needed to be successful working offsite?
- What was your approach to ensuring a work/life balance during this unusual time? Did you have to reassess benchmarks for performance or productivity? Have you had to deal with furloughs or significant changes in the volume of work?
- What surprised you in the last few months? Anything related to your team, your own job, or your role as a leader?
- Do you have any advice or final thoughts you’d like to share with other revenue cycle professionals who are going through this challenging time along with you?