February 27, 2020
Looking Back and Moving Forward with IP Auditing for 2019
April 16, 2019
Vitalware will provide you with the inside scoop regarding ICD-10-CM/PCS code assignment pitfalls based on our extensive experience with inpatient claim auditing. In this session, Lisa Ball, RHIT, CCS, CDIP, discusses the primary opportunities for improvement based on Vitalware’s experience performing hundreds of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding reviews. Using case study examples, Lisa will detail the most common coding errors and DRG inconsistencies in ICD-10-CM/PCS. Attendees will learn what areas of medical coding are most challenging and receive instruction on applying ICD-10-CM/PCS codes appropriately to avoid compliance and financial inaccuracies.
At the conclusion of the webinar, attendees will leave with specific examples that can be utilized to promote coding accuracy and create more confident coders within their facilities.
• Identify the most common issues that lead to ICD-10-CM/PCS coding discrepancies and variations in code assignment patterns among experienced coders
• Gauge how VitalWare audit results compare with your organization’s findings
• How to prioritize areas of interest by DRG, service and/or diagnosis
• Identify possible areas of focus in 2019
• Create confident inpatient coders