April 20, 2021
Using the PEPPER to Create New Insights Into Your Revenue Cycle
April 16, 2020
The Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Report (PEPPER) is key to revenue integrity success. Understanding its benefits and limits is important for any successful revenue integrity program. Too often, organizations assume PEPPER is of value only to compliance or case management, leaving other departments that could benefit from the data out of the loop. But PEPPER isn’t just useful for identifying hotspots for compliance to investigate or case management to focus on—it’s critical data that should be shared with other revenue cycle stakeholders such as revenue integrity, internal audit, physician advisors, coding, and individual service lines.
In this 60-minute webinar, we will:
- Decode the processes and best practices that put PEPPER to work for revenue integrity
- View an overview of PEPPER, and the different types of PEPPER reports
- See why using PEPPER as a concurrent rather than a retroactive tool is the key to success, as well as how the upper and lower percentiles are calculated and why they are important
- Learn real-life, field-tested tips on how to use PEPPER to create other internal auditing methodologies
- Understand how to properly deploy the resources to put your plans into action: the people, processes, and technology that will deliver the best results
Review all the slides from this webinar.