What's Next for the OPPS: A Look at the 2020 Final Rule
December 3, 2019
Each year the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issues the Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) final rule, which details the finalized changes for Medicare outpatient coding and billing for the upcoming year. This year promises to be especially impactful due to proposed changes to the Medicare pricing transparency initiatives. Join us to discover what changes are scheduled for implementation on January 1, 2020 and how these changes will affect your facility.
During this complimentary webinar, we will analyze the key provisions of the OPPS final rule and identify the significant changes that will impact your organization. This 90-minute webinar will help prepare your staff for compliance with the 2020 Medicare outpatient billing guidelines. Policy changes will be explained and future action items identified to help create an action plan for each facility.
- Review of the important changes to Medicare outpatient coding and billing requirements for 2020
- Analysis of significant APC grouping changes for 2020 to include a discussion of comprehensive APCs and additional packaging provisions
- Discussion of the finalized requirements for hospitals to make public a list of their standard charges, otherwise known as the hospital pricing transparency initiative
- Identification of the top operational challenges hospitals will face in 2020
- Review of changes to hospital outpatient quality requirements
- Discussion of other key changes related to charging, coding, and billing outpatient services